Thursday, April 9, 2009

Switching Undo Tablepace in RAC

Switching undo tablespace is similar to single instance. If you want to switch the tablespace for instance 1, then issue the following statement from that instance

SQL> Alter system set undo_tablespace = undotbs10 scope = both;

At the time of the switch, the instances maintain control of both the old and new undo tablespaces.The old undo tablespace is marked as pending-offline until all the transactions using it are completed.

Thanks

1 comment:

sap upgrade assessment said...

I am a regular follower of your blog and I have to admit every time I visit your blog I learn something new. This post explain very well how to switch Tablespace in RAC. I think anyone can easily understand it after reading your post. Keep it up!

Followers

Powered By Blogger
 

Oracle Database Administration. Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Revolution Two Church theme by Brian Gardner Converted into Blogger Template by Bloganol dot com