Sunday, September 7, 2008

dblinks...compile problem in forms6i

I faced a bizarre problem while using database link in forms6i. I created a public database link. When I queried through sql*plus I was able to retrieve the data. That means everything was fine with tnsnames.ora and the network. But when I issued the same statement in the forms6i, i was not able to compile it.When i tried to compile (Ctl + k) and (Ctl + Shift +K) the form builder was closed without throwing any error message. I created synonym for the database link, but still the problem persists. Our database is in 9i and the remote database is in 10g.I thought it could be due to the version problem. I created a view for that statement, and finally i was able to compile it.

So if any of you are facing such problem, one solution is to create a view for the statement that uses database link.If any of you had faced such error and got a solution please do share with me.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi, I work with Oracle Forms6i, yet! So the problem to create forms base table with DBLINK, I was solve using Stored Procedure Block, with the code PL/SQL inside of the package, I do the management the events of INSERT, UPDATE, DELETE, QUERY and LOCK and then I can use DBLINK without problems, have a great documentation on internet about Oracle Forms6i based in Stored Procedure.

Good Luck.

Followers

Powered By Blogger
 

Oracle Database Administration. Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Revolution Two Church theme by Brian Gardner Converted into Blogger Template by Bloganol dot com